There's a free finance conference in Vancouver tomorrow covering batteries and the raw materials they consume.
Here's the link: Benchmark World Tour 2015 Vancouver
- Understanding the opaque world of battery raw materials (graphite, lithium, cobalt)
- Producing a battery, from mine to market
- Rise of the battery megafactories: Tesla Motors’ Gigafactory, LG Chem , Panasonic and more
London, UK-based Simon Moores co-founded Benchmark Minerals earlier this year to collect pricing data on the niche metals like graphite, lithium and cobalt required to make batteries. He recently embarked on a World Tour through London, New York and Toronto before getting to Vancouver. The Tour continues to Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney and finally Melbourne later this month.
The venue for the event tomorrow is The Vancouver Club - 915 West Hastings Street. Note no jeans are allowed there.
Registration and lunch begins at 12:30pm and Moores kicks off the speaking sessions at 1:30pm.
Here's a quick snapshot of the other speakers who follow him:
- Sam Jaffe, Managing Director, Cairn Energy Research Advisors (USA) is up at 1:50pm. His topic is the rapidly evolving EV, Stationary Storage and Consumer Electronics Markets for Batteries.
- Gianni Kovacevic, Executive Chairman of copper exploration and development company, CopperBank Resource Corp, will be speaking on copper at 2:10pm.
- Jay Chmelauskas, President and CEO, Western Lithium will follow at 2:30.
- Sait Uysal, Global Marketing Manager, Syrah Resources is on at 2:45, followed by a coffee break.
- At 3:30pm, Andrew Miller, Analyst, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence, will compare critical metals to other commodities.
There's a panel from 4:00pm to 4:30pm. Here are the participants:
- Chair: Simon Moores, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence
- Sam Jaffe, Cairn Energy Research Advisors
- Andrew Miller, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence
- Jay Chmelauskas, Western Lithium
- Sait Uysal, Syrah Resources
- Gianni Kovacevic, Copperbank
To be followed by some networking and cocktails.
Click here for more info and to register.
Final chance: Vancouver battery supply chain event tmr. ft Western Lithium, Syrah, Gianni Kovacevic, Andy Miller http://t.co/5my1bME418
— Simon Moores (@sdmoores) September 30, 2015