brentcookbnn

Brent Cook of Exploration Insights newsletter on BNN Market Call on March 4, 2015.

Brent Cook the author of the newsletter Exploration Insights sat down with Mark Bunting for an hour long program discussing junior mining stocks on BNN market call last night.

Brent mentioned three top picks for viewers.

Mariana Resources (MRRE.L) – A new exciting drill story in Turkey with a market cap of ~$20 million and $2-$3 million in the bank. First hole released about a month ago 90m of 9 g/t gold and follow up hole 100m to the north 80 m of 20 g/t gold so they “scissored” the deposit. Could be a significant discovery air structure runs for several km and has yet to be tested. Core seen at PDAC is VMS not really sure what is going on yet.  The bad stuff is these guys have 730 million shares outstanding. Money recently raised is going to spent on lesser quality projects in other jurisdictions. JV partner Lydia is earning up to 70% leaving Mariana with 30%. At this market cap still lots of upside potential.

Dalradian Resources (DNA:TSX) – A gold deposit in Northern Ireland. A vein deposit which is made up of good solid veins which will be easy to mine. A significant resource has already been outlined and they will be going underground to do a bulk sample and additional drilling. Should have no problems with permitting and is a gold deposit that ‘works’ in Brent’s opinion.

Mirasol Resources (MRZ:TSXV) – A successful company who has found a couple deposits in Argentina and sold one of them to Coeur for $60 million (cash and shares). Strong balance sheet with $25 million in cash. Has a new district in Chile where they have discovered excellent exploration targets.  A shot of being a significant discovery. Mirasol brings in joint venture partners to drill projects.

To view the Top Picks segment go here.

Brent also discusses viewer questions and provides his thoughts on Ivanhoe Mines, True Gold Mining,Radius Gold,Bear Creek Mining,Guyana Goldfields,B2Gold,Perseus,Medgold,Fission Uranium,Alderon Iron Ore,Roxgold,Synodon,Sunridge,Nevsun,Continental Gold,Northern Dynasty,Kaminak Gold, Pure Gold Mining,Integra Gold, and Nautilus Minerals.

We were fortunate to film some quick video interviews with company CEO’s and Brent during PDAC. Look for these to be posted on CEO.ca in the next couple weeks.

Thank you Brent!

Investors interested in more from Brent can find his work in his excellent letter Exploration Insights.

Discuss in CEO live chat.

Related: Brent Cook: Don’t Buy Crap