Category: Franco-Nevada
3 Posts
POSTED ON January 15, 2016 BY Andrew Nelson

The Young Mining Professionals Toronto (YMPT) is back, and excited to announce we will be hosting Pierre Lassonde as our distinguished speaker on Thursday, February 18, 2016 at Hy’s Steakhouse in Toronto. Pierre Lassonde is the Founder and Chairman of the world’s leading gold-focused royalty and streaming company, Franco-Nevada. Mr. Lassonde is an authority on… Continue Reading

POSTED ON October 06, 2014 BY James Fraser

After being halted for the end of the trading day today, Lundin Mining (LUN:TSX) announced they are purchasing Freeport-McMoran’s 80%  share of the Candelearia mining complex in Chile for US $1.8 billion. The remaining 20% ownership will stay with Sumitomo Corp. Franco-Nevada has reached a tentative deal with Lundin on a $698 million precious metals streaming financing package as part of… Continue Reading

POSTED ON August 19, 2014 BY Sprott's Thoughts

By Henry Bonner (   Pierre Lassonde is one of the ‘superstars’ of the resource sector. He co-founded Franco-Nevada, the largest royalty and streaming company in the mining sector. The company was acquired by Newmont Mining in 2002, and then split off in ’07 at a value of $1.2 billion. Its current market cap is… Continue Reading

Real-time knowledge sharing for global investors: CHAT.CEO.CA